The following are some of the most popular regions, trails and sites on our Holy Land tours for active travelers. If there's a highlight or attraction that you don't see but you'd like to explore, let us know as we have local guides in every region.
Israel, Palestine and Jordan: A captivating landscape and epic destination known collectively as “The Holy Land.” Rich in cultural, historical and archeological heritage, and the center of the three Abrahamic faiths, this region celebrates more than 5,000 years of diverse human history.
Walk the Land
Discover the iconic sites, natural beauty and majestic scenery of the Holy Land in a more personal way. Walk and hike with us on ancient footpaths, trails and spice routes of prophets, kings, and peoples, including the Canaanites, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Nebateans, Romans, Crusaders and Ottomans.
Indulge Your Senses
Tantalize your taste buds with the intoxicating flavors of the Holy Land’s date palms, olive trees, pomegranates, hummus, kebabs, wines, coffees and teas. Re-invigorate your senses with the healing properties of the Dead Sea’s salt-rich mineral waters and therapeutic muds. Completely refresh in natural desert oasis hot springs and waterfalls, seemingly abundant throughout this enticing region. Immerse yourself in the local traditional music and dance, and bask in the warm friendly hospitality of its people.
Whether you’re interested in Holy Land nature walks and day hikes as an interactive religious or spiritual pilgrimage to sacred sites and grounds, or possess a love of nature, history and archeology, HiketheHolyLand.com and our team of interfaith and secular destination-based travel and activity partners can customize your small group travel experience.
So, grab your hiking shoes, water bottle and camera, and experience the iconic landmarks and scenic nature trails of the Holy Land up close and personal -- not through a tour bus window -- on this inspiring adventure for body and soul!
Most of our HiketheHolyLand.com trip itineraries include a comfortable hotel or kibbutz accommodations at the end of each day. Unlike long-distance backpacking or camping style trek ventures, our day hikes and nature walks are typically easy to moderate and can be experienced by a variety of fitness levels and ages. Each walk begins with a gentle warm-up and body movements and is followed by soothing stretches to keep you limber, flexible and energized.
We like to ensure that our active tour groups have an experience that engages them with the culture and the landscape of the area, and we strive to practice sustainable tourism in order to make a positive impact on the environment, society and economy in the Holy Land and beyond.
Contact us today to customize an active Holy Land Tour for your group or organization!
Each of our Holy Land Tours are unique, and each is treated with fine attention to detail. With meticulous care we will custom design a 'one-of-a-kind' itinerary for your active group. To get started, please view our popular itinerary highlights page.
• Peace of Mind: Through our painstaking attention to detail, you will have a smooth-flowing, seamless active travel experience in the Holy Land - with no surprises!
• Customized Trips: so you walk, hike and visit only the sites and areas you want to see and experience - no 'cookie cutter' itineraries on our Holy Land pilgrimages.
• Many Satisfied Group Leaders: Please see the testimonials from our partner, Trinity World Tours very satisfied traditional group tour clients in the Holy Land.
• Promotional Partnership: We will work closely with you in planning a customized itinerary for your Holy Land Tour, walking you through the trip marketing/promotional steps and offering you cutting edge ‘back-office” resources (computerized invoicing and payment collection).
• Social Sensitivity: Historically, travelling to the Holy Land has been an experience of faith and community - a chance to bond with others, and just have fun! We work to achieve a balance of soft adventure, walking vacations, holy land pilgrimages, traditional sightseeing, well-being travel, and responsible/sustainable tourism: - providing a one-of-a-kind active travel group experience for all faiths and beliefs in the Holy Land.
Do you want to stay in superior first class hotel, first class hotels (4*), superior tourist class (3*) or do you prefer to stay in hostels, kibbutzim, or small boutique inns. Please think through this and remember, we are here to help you decide. Most of the places we work with have private bathrooms, so it really comes down to the comfort level you want.
Most groups take breakfast and dinner daily. Do you want dinner included every night or do you want to give the group a few nights free to explore restaurants on their own?
How many people do you plan to bring? Most of our vans can hold 8-10 people. Most of our buses hold about 50 people. We can base your price on a minimum of 30, 20, 10 paying passengers. Remember a smaller group yields a higher ‘per person’ cost.
Whether you need one free for five, ten or more paying passengers, let us know and we will quote accordingly. Unlike other companies, we quote you on the number of free trips you really need.
We will work up an itinerary and quotation based on your specifications, and then we will submit a formal proposal, including a contract for you to sign. Once you complete the contract and make an initial deposit, we will start planning to print your promotional brochure.